Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ARE YOU A SMART OTAKU?

- Seven Habits of Smart Otaku -

Dear Froidholics,

I'm sure that most of you found this weblog because of these three keywords:

  • OTAKU
  • OTAKU
  • ...yeah...OTAKU!!!
Yeah, it's true. And ignoring your boredom, I'll say it once again: OTAKU. That's right. For the honest, otaku is the main content of this blog. But, the question is, what kind of otaku?

There is a stereotype in many countrys, not excepted in its origin (Japan), which claim an otaku is a nerd, disgusting, and an anti-social person. Although this stereotype started to reduced by many high-quality discussion about anime and manga, but it's a fact that the bad image is still sticking into the otakus.

And now, if you're asking about the truth about this stereotype, I'm afraid that I can only answer to you that it always depends on the situation. If I say the stereotype is wrong, in the reality sometimes it can be true. Many of my friends spend their precious day just to stick their eyes into animes without doing anything else. They always talk about anime, sing anime's OST every times, and imagines if they're the real heroes of the story. In the other side, many of my pals who suprisingly are "the real guru" of animes don't looks like they give big damns about it. They are, just like normal-and-healthy-teens, still enjoying soccer, billiard, hang-out, and the other "normal" things.

So, my dear Froidholics, back to the question, according to my research, I can give you two major kinds of otaku:

  1. Smart Otaku
  2. Not-Smart Otaku (in the other words, a lazy cow, LOL)
And because I'm sure that I am included in the first category, I can only give you the habits of Smart Otaku, for the second, just search it by yourself `_^. Okay, here I come...these are "7 Habits of Smart Otaku":

  1. They always realize that ANIME is ANIME and REALITY is REALITY
  2. They can manage their strong mind to understand the true-meaning (a.k.a deep shit ^_^) of the animes those they watch and can implement it in their life without consumed (what a jargon ^_^) by it. They also have great amounts of knowledge about anime without being too cocky.
  3. They are listening normal music, watching news, and playing with their friends. A smart otaku will not separate themselves from the real world
  4. A smart otaku, once again, is NOT an anti-social person. They're love humans, not the pixels in screen. They're calm and cool person, not a nerd with the busty beards (LOL)
  5. They are not affected by rusty-love-scenes or rusty-love-dreams in rusty-lossy-animes. Did I said that they are COOL and CALM person?
  6. They are healthy persons. They eat three times per day and do sports and workouts
  7. They're reading The Cold Hands (I'm sure you'll agree with me about this ^_^)
So, Froidholics, what otaku are you? The smart one...or the worst one? Well. the choice is always in your hands.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home